Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hip-Hip Halloween!!!


Ahh! Halloween! Time to make some magic happen! I know that most adults always veer on the safe side when naming their favourite holiday but I am willing to make a bet that even if most claim Thanksgiving (or Christmas) as their pet holiday it is in fact Halloween that makes everybody's heart beat a little faster!





I mean really; unless you live in New Orleans, where it is perfectly acceptable to wear a Tiara of your choosing to the grocery store any ole day of the year;

When else can you channel your childish self without ridicule, dress up in whatever you want to wear and act in every way as foolishly as you could ever wish for? That's right: HALLOWEEN!







So in honor of the Most Ghoulish of days this post will be dedicated to a few tips about choosing your makeup artist and supplies for Halloween and featuring a cool client makeover I did over the weekend!




This is my client Marc, who was in town this pas weekend visiting from Dallas for a little Pre-Halloween parade raising money for Make-A-Wish Foundation (and to party, of course). He had had some trouble finding a makeup artist to turn him into the bloodthirsty werewolf he wanted to be so he reached out to the good folks at Grimm Brothers Halloween, , where he purchased his latex mask and they steered him my way. Marc contacted me about 2-3 weeks prior to his event and Magic transformation was about to happen!

Lesson #1 in your Halloween success:
Plan early; Plan well and trust the pro's!






On the day of Marcs event I met him at the hotel and we set to work. This is how the latex mask (or "appliance" as it is called in the pro-circles) looks when it arrives.



The first thing I did was to "Dry-fit" the mask. This allowed me to see where I needed to trim Marc's beard or the mask so it would fit perfectly.

After buzzing around a bit with Marc's clippers it was time to attach the mask so I started working with some liquid latex from the nose area initially and working my way out. My latex comes from Graftobian but you can use any brand, including DUO eye-lash glue if in a pinch. After gluing everything down I used thin strips of hotel issue tissue with some more latex to blend the edges.

Marc was also came armed with some pointy ears and werewolf nails, so we went ahead and attached those too!

Lesson #2 for Halloween Success:
Channel your inner Boy-Scout and be prepared with everything including things you may or may not need!



After that it was time to fire up the trusty air-brush gun and set to work hi-lighting, shading and generally making Marc a wolfy shade of tan... a few more dabs of liquid latex; a well placed tuft of hair or two and THIS is how it all turned out!


JUST KIDDING!!!


Here is the actual end result and just for comparison... Marc's BEFORE picture as well!







And there you have it, folks! Don't forget I'm available for all your beauty (and ugly) needs this Halloween, so give me a call at 504-905 1087; visit my web-page and schedule an appointment!

1 comment:

  1. Once again thank you for the transformation. The final product blew my expectations away! 1st place in the male costume contest makes it all the better. We are already planning next years event for Make-A-Wish. Book me now! Thanks Mia

    ReplyDelete